托福生活口语之请客人点餐
1.惯用口语句子:
My name's Sam. I'll be your server this evening,
= I'm Sam. I'm your server this evening.
我名叫萨姆,今晚由我来招呼你们。
Are you waiting for someone?
您在等人吗?
Will someone be joining you?
等会儿有人会来跟你一起吃饭吗?
Here's the menu.
这是菜单。
I Would you like to see the wine list?
您想看看酒单吗?
menu n.菜单
Would you like something to drink first?
= What would you like to drink first?
要不要先喝点什么?
Would you like something to drink?
您想要喝点什么吗?
Anything to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
May I take your order now?
您现在要点菜吗?
Are you ready to order?
您准备点菜了吗?
What would you like to order?
您想点什么菜呢?
What brand of beer would you prefer?
您喜欢什么牌子的啤酒?
brand n. 商标,牌子
Would you like some appetizer?
您想吃点开胃的东西吗?
appetizer n. 开胃食品,开胃菜
What kind of soup would you like?
您要喝什么汤?
Soup or salad?
要汤还是色拉?
I recommend the roast lamb.
我推荐烤羊肉。
recommend v. 推荐,介绍
roast a. 烤的,烘的
lamb n. 小羊肉
Most guests made good comments on this dish.
大部分客人对这道菜的评价都很好。
comment n. 评论,意见
I'm sorry, we're out of that.
= Sorry, it's all gone.
对不起,这道菜已经卖完了。
How would you like that?
= How would you like that done/prepared?
您想让我们怎样做这道菜?
How would you like your steak?
牛排您要几成熟?
Anything for dessert?
要什么甜点吗?
dessert n. 餐后甜点
2.实用对话
Taking an Order点餐服务
Waiter: Good morning, ma'am. Welcome to the Garden Restaurant. Where would you like to sit?
服务员:太太,您早。欢迎光临花园餐馆。您想坐哪儿?
Customer: Thank you. Just over there will be fine.
顾客:谢谢。那边就可以。
Waiter: May I show you our breakfast menu? Please take your time.
服务员:您要不要看看早餐的菜单?请慢慢看。
Customer: Thank you.
顾客:谢谢你。
Waiter: May I take your order now?
服务员:现在要点餐吗?
Customer: Yes, I'll have a pineapple juice, a boiled egg with toast and tea, please.
顾客:好的,我要菠萝汁、煮鸡蛋、吐司面包和茶水。
Waiter: How would you like your egg, ma'am?
服务员:太太,您点的鸡蛋要怎么煮?
Customer: Hard-boiled, please.
顾客:要全熟的。
Waiter: And your toast, ma'am, light or dark?
服务员:您的吐司要稍微烤一下,还是烤焦点儿?
Customer: Light, please.
顾客:请稍微烤一下。
Waiter: Would you prefer your tea with lemon or with milk?
服务员:您的茶要加柠檬还是加牛奶?
Customer: With milk,
顾客:加牛奶。
Waiter: One pineapple juice, one hard-boiled egg with toast and tea.
服务员:一杯菠萝汁、一个全熟的鸡蛋,再加上吐司和茶。
Customer: That's right.
顾客:是的。
Waiter: Just a moment, please.
服务员:请稍等。
3.详细解说
1.“take your time”在这里表示“慢慢采,别着急”,源于词组“take one's time”,意为“不紧不慢地、仔细小心地(做某事)”,常见于“take one's time doing(sth.)”和“take one's
time over.”的结构,例如:She took her time cutting my hair and did it really well.(紧不慢不
地给我剪头发,剪得真是不错。)He has planned to take his time over the journey.(他打算在旅途中慢慢地尽情享受。)另外,这个短语还可以表示“慢吞吞地(做某事),磨磨蹭蹭地(做某
事)”,例如:You're taking your time with the lab tests. We need the results now.(你做实
验磨磨蹭蹭,我们现在就需要结果。)
4.文化洗礼
点菜服务礼仪七项注意
点菜是顾客用餐过程的开始,专业的点菜服务能够给顾客留下良好的印象,也能够促进餐厅的生意。以下七项服务礼仪,需牢记在心:
1.受理点菜时,首先要向客人问好,然后奉上菜单.“Here is the menu.”(这是菜单。)要先递给女士、长者或主宾。
2.应该注意给客人留出一定的选择时间,“Please take your time.” (您请慢慢看。)稍待一会儿再询问客人是否可以点菜,“Are you ready to order now?”(请问现在可以点菜了吗?)
3.在适当时机向顾客推荐菜品,如厨师推荐(chefs recommendation)、今日特价(today's special)、本店招牌菜( house special)等。
4.注意针对顾客点完的菜品,要询问客人的喜好和禁忌,“How would you like your...?”(您喜欢怎样做您点的…?)“Is there anything you can't eat?"(请问您有什么饮食禁忌吗?)
5.对于需要花费较长时间准备的菜品,下单前一定要和顾客说清楚,“I'm afraid it will take some time to prepare.” (这个菜恐怕需要一些时间准备。)以免给赶时间的顾客带来不便。
6.如果没有顾客所点的菜品,应及时向顾客推荐其他菜肴:
"How about...?"(…怎么样?)
7.点好菜后,应该把点菜单上所记录的内容清晰地向顾客重复一遍,请顾客确认所点菜品无误,以避免不必要的纠纷,并再次询问顾客是否还有其他的需要,“Do you want anything else?”(您还需要其他的什么吗?)
以上就是新航道托福频道为大家整理的托福生活口语之请客人点餐,希望对大家有帮助,更多资讯、资料请访问新航道托福口语频道 http://www.xhd.cn/toefl/kouyu/